I have been sewing!
These are what have been keeping me busy for a couple of days!
This little one is made using Ruby.
And for this one I used a combination of Bliss and a little gingham that I had in my stash! I am so glad to be using fabric that I already had on hand.
And really bright blues for a sweet little dress. Also from my stash.
This is how I finished the seams, first with a wide zigzag and then I used pinking shears to trim the seam allowance. This should help it not to fray too much. I do own a serger but the need for such a small amount of serging made it easier to finish them this way.
Another picture showing seam treatment and a casing for the neckline and the sleeves.
Last but not least the 1/4″ elastic for the neckline and sleeves. I left an opening for the elastic to be inserted and then sewn closed. I will send it along with the dresses for Jennie to finish them to fit Norah perfectly. It is a little difficult sewing long distance because I wanted them to fit her comfortably.
I will ask Jennie to show us pictures when they have their elastic and while Norah is wearing them. I cant wait to see!
The pattern I used is The Abigail Peasant Dress by Pink Poodle Bows. This is a simple and sweet pattern, there are so many things that could be done to change the looks of this dress. I always loved adding lace and ribbon, I will leave that to Mommy if she likes!
Now on to the next project waiting!
Have a great day!!