A New Year

Welcome New Year, I am excited for it! It’s always interesting to see all the things that will happen throughout the year. Last year was a great year in so many ways! My family has been so encouraging to me and I appreciate them all!

One of my favorite things has been meeting so many friendly people through blogging and reading blogs, it sure makes our world seem so much smaller than it once felt. I know Jennie and I both appreciate our friends and partners and customers that make what we are doing pure joy!!

DSC_1152

I am not a resolution maker, or rather a resolution keeper. So this year I decided I would say that I would really love to finish a few quilts that I  started. Some recent, some in the past. I thought if I showed a picture of the stack it would be motivation for me to really finish them. I also have a couple others that are not completed tops and they are included too. And I am going to add learning to crochet to the top of my list!! I have the books, crochet hooks, yarn, and great friends who have been extremely helpful in motivating me and pointing me in the right direction. With all of that, I think I am ready.

Now to getting back to the routine of sewing, cleaning and doing those every day things that are part of my life. What about you, what are the things that you look forward to this New Year?

a grandma and mom who loves to sew, quilt, and learn new things.

Latest posts by Clara (see all)

Comments

1. 2

says

Happy 2013! Going to look up your great carseat quilt pattern. Our first granddaughter arrived Nov. 29! On my to do list is teaching my SIL how to crochet (at least the basics :)

2. 3

says

Such a pretty stack!! :0) I have nearly finished all the stars in your quilt. Then into rows and voila! :0) I have *loved* sewing for you! :0)
    Have a fabulous week. Love ya. Trish
    trish recently posted..w.i.p.My Profile

3. 7

says

I would like to use up lots of my stash. I think that’s probably one of my top goals. And I’d like to sew my granny squares into a blanket! Happy New Year to you.. It has been inspiring to follow your blog!

4. 8

says

I have a stack to quilt as well and hope to get them all done this year. Have fun learning to crochet. Since I started last year my quilt production dropped drastically because I became so addicted! Now I have a yarn stash to compete with my fabric stash. It’s really fun!

5. 9

says

My husband made my daughters old room into a sewing/craft room for me for Christmas. I am looking forward to getting all my things organized and then getting creative! I have a Snoopy baby quilt started for a friend who is delivering in February so I have to get working on that! I want to exercise more, even if it’s just walking and drink more water too!

6. 10

says

What a yummy pile of unfinished quilt tops. Looks like a great promise to yourself to finish this pile in 2013. Placing a photo on the blog is motivating, I did something similar with my crochet WiPs a while ago… Although the WiPs are staying unfinished… Where did I fail. :D

For 2013 I would like to learn how to knit socks and make myself a really nice embroidered Christmas wall hanging… I will check out your 101 Serie on stitch work to get started. But right now I am just sewing. And crocheting a little bit here and there. Good luck with your crochet adventure.
    Annette recently posted..My Rose Valley on InstagramMy Profile