Confessions {& Photos}

First off, I want to thank everyone for your encouraging comments and suggestions on my last post (and a special thank you to Shanna who e-mailed me about allrecipies.com, I am sorry I haven’t e-mailed back yet, but I did sign up!}!  Here’s a look at my new planner {complete with cute bookmark from Rhonda, thank you!, and fun washi tape).

DSC_0350

The meal planning seems to be helping a little bit…even though I did have to run to Target this morning to pick up one forgotten ingredient…and my very own copy of this:

DSC_0351

It is Fons & Porter’s Easy Quilts, Spring 2013…and it makes me feel just a little giddy…I was really temped to show someone, but decided my whining children, who were not being bribed with the books I was offering them, would just make me look like a complete crazy…so I will settle for showing my husband instead.

DSC_0353

I’ve also been pondering this collection of fabric. It is going to be a diaper bag for one of my dear friends…her baby is due in less than two weeks, I’d better get busy!

beach

And now for the confession part…I haven’t touched my sewing machine in days. I wrote the Bella clutch pattern {and it is out to pattern testers now, if you’re interested in testing future patterns, be sure to “like” our Facebook page, as that is where I’ll put out the notice when I need testers}, and then spent lots of time with these three…I think that makes for the best kinds of weekends though.  Here’s hoping I can find some motivation tomorrow!

Hope you had a happy long weekend if you’re in the states, and very happy weekend if you’re elsewhere!  I’ve had a little break, done some playing, wrote while the hubby watched the kids, and caught up on Downton Abbey!  What have you been up to?

a mom, sewer, quilter, and lover of all kinds of pretty fabric and handbags!

Comments

1. 2

says

Great post, I guess you got tired of waiting for me to write a blog post!! I wish our weather was as warm as yours, it has been sunny but a little colder. Love the family picture!!

2. 4

says

Yay for your magazine spot! Are your kids redheads? I don’t remember them having red hair. Maybe it’s my monitor? Either way, that is such a cute picture of your family.

I think we all need to take breaks from things we do regularly, even things we love. I think sometimes it helps kind of restart the inspiration.

3. 6

Kay says

Well done, it is wonderful to see your work recognised like that. Enjoy being with your family, the sewing machine will still be there waiting for you when you feel like it. As much as you love your sewing machine it will never love you back the way your family will. I rather like the yellow fabrics in that stash pile, it always looks so cheerful.

4. 8

says

My niece spent the weekend and we started planning her prom dress. She is to make it as her senior project and I am her mentor. Fortunately we discovered before we started cutting it out that we had the wrong size pattern. That meant a trip to the fabric store to get the correct size. There was only one there. Whew! She is learning how important it is to check the directions and understand how to make it before cutting it out. Should be interesting.
    Linnea recently posted..Blue Monday Winter BlocksMy Profile

5. 11

Lori Smanski says

Cngrats on being in a magazine. That fabric will make an adorable diaper bag. I love the red hair. Im a bit partial to red hair. My mom had red hair and two of my three bothers and I was a blond with red highlights. Our son and daughter both are blond with lots of red highlights. Our son has a red beard.

6. 12

Anita says

You know, you’re also in the McCall’s Quilting magazine. I just got my copy and was flipping through and noticed your bag on page 9! It’s the same picture you have above, jus ta different magazine. Congrats!