Just Cut It Up

Sometimes I just have a really hard time cutting into fabric. If I haven’t bought it for a specific purpose, I tend to just stash and hoard it, not wanting to actually use it. Well, things are changing around here. In my little space I’m having a hard time finding a place to put all my fabric, so, I guess it is time to just start using it!

DSC_0414

I’ve been eying the Scrappy Trip Around the World blocks {tutorial here}, and decided to join in!  So, I’ve cut some pieces of some favorites for these blocks, some from the scrap pile, others off of fat quarters, and a few even from yardage {this is a stretch for me!}.   I’m just loving the results!

DSC_0415

I think these ones are destined for Norah’s toddler quilt.  They just look perfect for my happy little girl.

DSC_0416

And, here’s a picture of her from the weekend, we had a warm day here in California, so she got to wear one of her dresses from Grandma, and then she wanted to wear her boots too, talk about adorable!

boots

And, we cannot forget that this darling boy had a birthday! It was the first birthday he was really aware of, so that made it even more fun. After we sang to him first thing in the morning, he said, “Let’s go eat cake!” He happily chowed down this enormous piece almost all by himself {everyone else got a couple bites too}.

birthday-boy

Hope you’re having a great weekend too!

a mom, sewer, quilter, and lover of all kinds of pretty fabric and handbags!

Comments

That’s the same battles i am fighting myself. Cutting up my precious stash. Love the white background, flowered print in your second block.
    Jen recently posted..Number 8My Profile

Oh my goodness! I know exactly what you mean about hoarding the fabric! I have a ton of a particular line of fabric, just knowing it’s going to make a beautiful quilt someday. At this point, I probably have enough of it to make 2-3 quilts! Maybe I should use it for one of the Scrappy Trip Around the World quilts since I don’t like how my blocks have turned out so far. Having such a hard time with the randomly scrappy look! Your blocks look great!!!

Oh, where to start! I love Norah in her little boots and dress, adorable!! Also, Silas is so precious and now he’s “3”, can’t wait to see his little face in person!! Your blocks are so pretty!

Beautiful pictures. I have been wanting to try that quilt but I am the beginning of another one so it will be a while. The dress is darling and birthdays are so special. I have a three year old and a one year old we do birthday reenactments all the time.
    Christine recently posted..Feeling BetterMy Profile

Oh, I have missed pictures of your sweet kids! Look how big they are!!! I feel like I haven’t seen pictures of them in ages, maybe it’s me? Well, they are too cute, and I can’t believe how time flies. Norah was just born for crying out loud! :-)
    I am terrible about hoarding fabric, too. Good for you for finding some good uses for your stash!

I certainly like your fabric scrappy trip around the world, and it’s better than many I have seen. I think because you are not afraid to use your “nice” fabrics it makes the quilt pretty and very appealing. Great fabric choices. Thank you for showing us
    judy Blinkenberg recently posted..An almost finished projectMy Profile

Ia m exactly the same. I tend to buy buy buy and just store store store. Not wanting to cut “this one, it is way to precious!!!”, but how precious is it on the shelf for years? Good for you you are cutting it up. i should really do the same and this block is very tempting. Just like the granny block. Still haven’t tried either one but these are on my want to do list for sure. Looks lovely.
    Annette
    PS Thanks for your email. Will get into to your info soon. Excited!
    Annette recently posted..The Maybelle Crochet FlowerMy Profile