Small Things

I feel like I have been so busy but not really accomplishing very much! This is one of the small things I have been slowly working on. I finished four blocks and decided since it was all the jelly roll strips I had that I would turn it into a table topper.

DSC_0108

I added two white 1 1/2″ borders and one blue 1 1/2″  border.

DSC_0109Then I thought I would use the leftover strips to make a scrappy border and maybe one more border after that, not really sure yet.

DSC_0116

Now that I look at it maybe I will not do the scrappy border, I will have to decide on that. If you have any suggestions I am interested in your thoughts!

DSC_0115

I had a little shopping spree on Amazon and have wanted this book for quite some time and decided it was a perfect time to order it. The cover alone is so pretty and the projects are very sweet, from pincushions to pillows with cross stitch and even a little crochet. The author has a bog that I have put the link here if you would like to look yourself!

DSC_0114

I thought I would share it with you today since I have seen so many wonderful Valentine projects on several blogs. I wish I could make them all. Well I am hoping to make at least one from this book this weekend.

I will be back at the beginning of the week to show my finished table topper, and maybe a project from this book.

Hope your weekend is wonderful, relaxing and enjoyable.

P. S. I still love that picture of Jennie and Norah on Jennie’s last blog post. I have come back and looked at it many times, I miss my girls!!

a grandma and mom who loves to sew, quilt, and learn new things.

Latest posts by Clara (see all)

Comments

Your table topper is so sweet. It will be perfect for this month. That book looks really nice. I do like that little bit of crochet peeking from under the rose.
    Carrie P. recently posted..February UFOsMy Profile

What a sweet table topper! I really love it and I think I may follow suit for my own table for after Easter. I LOVE the scrappy border idea. I think you need to add it. :)
    Jen recently posted..Number 8My Profile

3. Lesley says

Your table topper is so cute…I would go with the scrappy border, but whatever you decide, it is already pretty! I can imagine how much you miss your girls. The picture of Jenny sewing with the baby in the backpack is precious. Congrats on having the Anne Bag as a kit in the Shabby Fabrics shop…adorable!

I think the scrappy border competes with the center rather than highlighting it. I am not very good at visualizing what would look good; maybe white or the blue that you used on the border.Your table topper is beautiful and i have no doubt that whatever you decide to do will be perfect. i love the colors!! Have a fun weekend gobbling up the eye candy in your new book and i hope you have time to stitch up a project. Happy Weekend!

5. Judy G says

Very cute. I do like the scrappy border idea, but maybe kick it up a little by making on-point triangles (prairie points) around the outer edge. I know, they are a lot of work but it would be a nice highlight to your adorable design.

6. Lori Smanski says

your little quilt is just wonderful. personally i would not put the same scrappy around the border.. i think it takes away rather than pulling it all together. but i can see it both ways.

Love that topper. It’s the perfect bite size project, and you can enjoy that scrappy trip-along and not get overwhelmed. I’m not done with my granny squares yet. Love that book, do you follow her blog? Darling!