Garden Steps Quilt Finish!!

My Garden Steps Stitch & Quilt Along!8613558015_35b6e2c2ea_zWe are having nice weather here which made a good day for taking photos outdoors. I am glad to have another quilt finished, even quilted and bound. I had help finishing this quilt. Kathy from Stitch by Stitch, quilted it for me and I love the way it turned out!! Thank you Kathy, she is great to work with and does such nice quilting!!

8613559357_8b6c485ff4_z

She used a very light aqua thread to quilt it, it is a little out of my comfort zone but I took some advice and I think it works well because of all the aqua in the front and the back.

8614666870_8a18bda1ba_z

I am very happy that I used this blue Domestic Bliss for the backing!! Isn’t the back pretty with the floral quilting in an all over pattern!

8613558565_e1772f25ca_z

8613559975_60999c9944_z

Hope you are having a great day!

a grandma and mom who loves to sew, quilt, and learn new things.

Comments

1. Tamie says

Absolutely beautiful!!! I am anxious to see what my Purple Frog quilter does with mine. I see you chose the stripe for the binding – I did as well….I am waiting for the box to come for Oregon. XOOXO Cousin!

Oh how pretty Clara! Your quilt is gorgeous and Kathy’s quilting so sweet. :o) I am a simple neutral thread color girl, but I am really liking the blue. You have inspired me!!
    Have a wonderful week and enjoy these sunshine filled days. Love, Trish
    trish recently posted..natnkat update.My Profile

Your quilt looks great. I have been curious about how you would quilt it.
    I only have 2 more blocks to embroider. I can’t wait until I finish it but I also don’t want to finish it because I’m really enjoying doing it bit by bit.
    Do you see another quilt along in the future?
    Shakey stitches recently posted..WARNINGMy Profile

Congratulations on a stunning finish! It’s gorgeous. I have had all my blocks done since last summer/early autumn and I just have to sew the blocks together. I don’t know why I haven’t yet, but this definitely has made me start thinking I need to get my act together. I love how you quilted it!
    Siobhan recently posted..Works In ProgressMy Profile

5. Sarah says

The quilt has come up so lovely! I love stitchery quilts and your little dainty ones are so gorgeous and look so good in this setting. I might have to bookmark these tutorials for future use! I hadn’t found your blog yet when this stitch along began.

6. kathy olkowski says

Your quilt is so beautiful – I love everything about it! And thank you for the acknowledgement on the quilting – very sweet! You are a pleasure to work with!