Pyramid Hexagon and Diamond Ripples {Bee Blocks}

Pyramid Hexagon

The Modern Stitching Bee is wrapping up for the year {Round 2 is starting up in September though!}, so I have my couple of catch up blocks to show.  First up are Nicky’s blocks; she asked for the Pyramid block from the Modern Blocks book. The block has Y-seams, which were my first attempt, but these were actually pretty easy!  Then, Nicky had us add some solids and gray to make a big half-hexagon, and she’s put some of the blocks she’s received together here.

Diamond Ripples

Then, here is Rhonda‘s second block {see her first one here}, also from the Modern Blocks book, and called Diamond Ripples.  I just randomly pieced the half-square-triangles, without focusing on which print went where.  It was a stretch, but I think it worked out okay!

28weeks

And then, I thought I’d show you a picture of me from a couple weeks ago, the end of October sure is coming up soon!  And, to celebrate this big event {and the fact that we couldn’t fit three kids in our Civic} we bought a mini-van yesterday.  I know a lot of moms dread this purchase, but I’ll be honest, I’m kind of excited for the ease of everything, and it is fun to have my very own brand new car {my first one ever!}.   I think nesting has kicked in a bit earlier this time around too, maybe it’s knowing that I have more demands on my time every day, I can’t just put it off to the last minute, so I have some home and baby projects in the works over the next few weeks.

As far as baby 3′s quilt goes, I’m thinking purples this time, but having a terrible time finding pretty ones.  So, any pretty purple fabric suggestions will be much appreciated!

a mom, sewer, quilter, and lover of all kinds of pretty fabric and handbags!

Comments

1. Tamie says

Aw Jennie, you look beautiful! Purples huh?!! I had some fun Sara Jane I had already pieced a blanket for Ms. Three, I will put that on the shelf and look in the purple direction. Love you XOXO

You look beautiful! And I think getting a minivan is something I wouldn’t necessarily say no to anymore. I only have 2 kids, and we don’t plan to have any more, but having a little more space when friends come around would be nice. I rented an SUV when some friends came from out of town, and a minivan would have definitely worked out better. (it was supposed to be a minivan but they didn’t have any on the lot; we weren’t picky, and it was fine, just in hindsight the extra space would have been nice)

3. Cara Wills says

Miss you very very much! You look fantastic! Can’t wait to see you next summer and let the babies get to know each other. Congrats on your new car!

Oh, love the blocks as well!

4. Patti says

You are looking just wonderful! And your blocks are lovely. There were a couple of fun purples in Kate Spain’s Cusco line. And I loved my minivan when my kids were small!

Simply Color and Simply Style have some beautiful purples if your tastes run to the eggplant end of the spectrum. It’s hard to find a good light or medium purple though, for sure. Some of the High Street prints are really nice too, though they’re on the large scale side.
    Sheryl recently posted..$2 tequila,and other odds and endsMy Profile

6. Jane S. says

You look so darn cute! :)

You will really like your new mini-van. It’s amazing how much easier it is to maneuver children (and their stuff) in and out with that sliding side door.

there are some pretty purples (light) at JOanns in the DS line. They are very vintage looking and super sweet. Your projects are lovely. COngrats on the new baby and the new mini van. That is what we had to do when number 3 was on the way. I was nervous about it, but the van has been really nice and so roomy.
    Leslie recently posted..WIP WednesdayMy Profile