Little Matryoshka Churn Dash {Quilt Finish}

Lydia has her first quilt, it’s just taken me a little while to photograph it, maybe because each time I try to take pictures it is either cloudy or this happens:

Churn-Dash-Quilt-1

But I guess that is a sign of it being loved!  My mom made this for Lydia using the Little Matryoshka fabric by Riley Blake {you can see her quilt progress here and here!}.  I love the prints and, of course, the purples!

Churn-Dash-Quilt-2

She quilted it with an all-over meander print in gray thread, and it crinkled up so pretty!

Churn-Dash-Quilt-3

And, one of my favorite things is that she put the little Matryoshka dolls in the center of each block.

Churn-Dash-Quilt-4

And here’s the whole quilt laid out.  I think the gray text print is the perfect sashing too, just enough print for the solids used.

Churn-Dash-Quilt-5

And, of course, here’s a picture of Lydia enjoying her quilt too.  She’s such a happy, content baby, I am getting really spoiled.  I guess my other busy two make up for it!

Lydia and I are cuddled under quilts while it’s snowing away outside, quite the change from California!  Do you have a favorite quilt to snuggle under when it’s cold?

a mom, sewer, quilter, and lover of all kinds of pretty fabric and handbags!

Comments

I love that it is getting used by everyone!! Oh, and I can’t wait to give so many hugs and kisses to all three of those cuties!!

She is so sweet and adorable! Thanks for sharing her picture. The quilt is really beautiful. I love the matryoshkas too. Sometimes when it’s cold I cuddle with Karina or Elena or both under the toddler bed quilt (fake quilt, it’s not nice like the ones you and your mom make) I made Karina, which she then promptly outgrew when we graduated her to a double bed!

3. Cara Wills says

Girl she is such a very pretty baby! And I love this quilt. It looks so different quilted! I may have to steal this idea for a quilt for one of my kiddos! Miss you

4. Rachel says

Georgia spotted Lydia in this post and announced, “Mami, it’s Baby Yaya!” Apparently that’s close enough to Lydia. :) “She’s pretty cute!” I agree.

5. Deborah says

Such a lovely quilt and adorable children! I love any of my quilts right now that have flannel backing!

Hi Jennie ;) :) The Matryoshka quilt turned out really cute and all of your kids are extra cute, too :) :) Three beautiful blessings :) I like to snuggle under my “strawberry patch” quilt…at least that is the pattern that I made my quilt from…but I picked my favorite fabrics and colors and when it was all done, I realized it looks more like a Christmas quilt than a strawberry patch :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather ;)
    Heather :) :) :) recently posted..UPDATE – BEING SICK IS ZERO FUNMy Profile

The quilt turned out awesome! I really love all the purples in the fabric. That Lydia is super cute! Love those cheeks!!! :)

The only quilts I have here are the ones I have made for my kids as babies/toddlers. They seem to favor fleece blankets for snuggling and dragging around the house, though. I need to make some bigger quilts.
    Lindsay recently posted..Dear Mr. Knightley ~ A Book ReviewMy Profile