The global community of FAL hosts are so excited to see so many of you joining in for Q1 of the 2016 FAL. Leanne published a Q&A post on her blog, and I wanted to share the information with you as well, in case you hadn’t seen it:
What should my list of proposed finishes include?
All you need is a photo of each unfinished project – you can use separate photos, or add a link to the photo/blog post to your list, or make a mosaic of all the projects and then a short – or longer – list of the projects.
- Leanne posted a mosaic and a short list here
- Helen posted long list with a photo and explanation of each project here
- Stacey posted a shorter photo and explanation list here
You can also use a photo on Instagram or Facebook of either a mosaic of the projects or a written list. Just include an explanation of what you need to do in the description if you use a photo/mosaic or links or references back to the project photos if you use a written list.
If, after reading this, you want to amend your Q1 list to add some photos or links, feel free to do that – some of our lists are missing these. But this is on your honor – it is ok to clarify your list but it is against the rules to add more projects to your list after the Q1 link has closed at 11 pm EST on January 16, 2016.
REMEMBER there is NO penalty for not finishing something on your list.
I’m new to linkys, how do I do it?
Linking up is easy and takes less than 1 minute. You will need to have published your blog post or flickr photo or instagram photo that contains your list of proposed finishes.
Then go to one of the link up pages on one of host blogs and add your link – you only need to link at one blog and your link will appear on all the hosting blogs.
There are several good tutorials for how to do this:
InLinkz – the link up tool we are using – has this short how to video. If you click the youtube button at the bottom right of that video box you can watch it in a bigger window.
InLinkz has a tutorial on linking up from Instagram here.
Katy, our lovely 2014 FAL host from The Littlest Thistle made 2 tutorials:
The link is set so you can delete your own link, just hover your cursor over your own link and a trash can appears – to delete click that trash can. If you make a mistake on your photo or your title, just delete and try again.
If you are still stuck after checking these out, then just email me (email@example.com) or any of the other hosts and we are happy to help you out.
How do I participate in the Q1 FAL community?
- Visit the link ups from other participants – click on the linked up photo and check out their projects. Leave an encouraging comment, consider following them and maybe make a new internet friend.
- Put the official 2016 FAL button on your blog. Use the hashtag #2016FAL on your social media posts. Follow us on facebook here and on instagram @finishalong.
- Encourage your friends to join the FAL too.
- Visit our lovely sponsors, drop them a note to thank them for sponsoring the FAL and shop at their lovely shops.
- As you finish each project on your Q1 proposed finishes list, write a blog post or post it on instagram/flickr and add a link to your Q1 list to that post and share it on your blog/flickr/instagram with the 2016 FAL button or hashtag and tag us too. At the end of Q1, you will link each of these finish posts to the Q1 finish link up which will be open from March 31 – April 7, 2016.
- Watch for other folks to finish their projects and help them to celebrate those finishes.
- At the end of Q1, link each of your finishes (one link for each finish) to the finishes link up, and also visit the other links to help everyone celebrate finishing those UFOs and getting them out of the sewing room.
Where are all the rules and schedule and details
You can check out all the details on my permanent 2016 FAL page here. Each of the global hosts have such a page too.
Who are all those hosts again?
- Debbie – A Quilter’s Table – USA [aquilterstable]
- Jess – Elven Garden Quilts – Australia [elvengardenquilts]
- Stacey – SLO Studio – Canada [slostudio]
- Jennie – Clover & Violet – USA [cloverandviolet]
- Helen – Archie the Wonder Dog – UK
- Nicky – Mrs. Sew and Sow – UK [nickyeglinton]
- Rhonda – Rhonda’s Ramblings – USA [rhondatherambler]
- Leanne – She Can Quilt – Canada [shecanquilt]
- Cindy – Fluffy Sheep Quilting [fluffysheepquilting]
If you have any questions, please let me know. I’m having fun checking out your Q1 lists, and if you have not joined yet, you have a few more to join in the Q1 FAL, please do so.
Latest posts by Jennie (see all)
- Flora Supply Case Sew Along :: Other Uses - January 20, 2017
- Flora Supply Case Sew Along :: Alternate Pocket Ideas #florasewalong - January 12, 2017
- Announcing the 2017 Finish-A-Long Hosts - January 11, 2017