It is officially finished and I am really happy how it turned out.
It was a little bit tricky because it was (really) crooked. I did feel a little overwhelmed how to square it up. I tried the ruler and measuring method but it was just not really helping. So I used a large mat board that we had. I placed it in the corner and what ever was outside of the corner and edges I simply cut off with my ruler and rotary cutter. I just went all the way around the quilt and did all the corners and edges. Not being able to see the quilt itself helped me not try to fiddle with it and adjust it too much. It may not be the most accurate or mathematical way to do it but it worked for me. My main desire was that it be square and if some of the border was cut off that was okay. It is a scrappy quilt with a scrappy border so it didn’t ruin its final look.
Donna from Donna’s Lavender Nest machine quilted it for me using the fluffy clouds pattern. She did a great job!!
This picture is after I finished binding it and was ready to wash it. I love the gingham binding with the backing.
Here it is after it is all washed and crinkled. It is a very scrappy quilt and I love all the fabrics I have in it. (Precise, no, fun, yes!!)
One last picture all folded up and ready to snuggle under since the weather is beginning to cool off. Now that I have this one finished I am ready to start another. (Or maybe finish one that I already have!!)
I hope you have a great week and enjoy what ever you are doing!!