It’s already the end of Q1 of the 2016 Finish-A-Long! If you’re not familiar with the Finish-A-Long (FAL) it is a quarterly goal setting link up followed by a quarterly finishes link up…and not only do you clear out your works in progress (WIP) but you can win prizes for participating! The information below is for those who linked up last quarter to share their finishes. However, the Q2 proposed finishes will open soon, so get ready. Use the links above to learn more about the FAL.
We’re really excited that this year the FAL is hosted by a community of bloggers (including me!), take a moment to visit their blogs and meet some new friends, get inspired, and learn a thing or two:
- Debbie – A Quilter’s Table – USA [aquilterstable]
- Jess – Elven Garden Quilts – Australia [elvengardenquilts]
- Stacey – SLO Studio – Canada [slostudio]
- Jennie – Clover & Violet – USA [cloverandviolet]
- Helen – Archie the Wonder Dog – UK
- Nicky – Mrs. Sew and Sow – UK [nickyeglinton]
- Rhonda – Rhonda’s Ramblings – USA [rhondatherambler]
- Leanne – She Can Quilt – Canada [shecanquilt]
- Cindy – Fluffy Sheep Quilting [fluffysheepquilting]
A huge ‘thank you’ to this quarter’s amazing sponsors. Part of the fun of finishing up your projects as a group is being eligible to win one of these amazing prizes. Our sponsors have been very generous, so if you’re looking for a new favorite fabric or pattern shop, this is a great place to start too:
For the 2016 FAL, we also will feature a tutorial week. I’ll be sharing a photo of the daily tutorial on Instagram, but here’s the master list too:
- April 1 – Leanne – She Can Quilt – Improv Herring Bone Table Runner
- April 2 – Cindy – Fluffy Sheep Quilting – Napkins
- April 3 – Nicky – Mrs. Sew and Sow – Quilt as You Go Technique
- April 4 – Jennie – Clover & Violet – Cell Phone & ID Holder
- April 5 – Rhonda – Rhonda’s Ramblings – Enhancement to Pillowcases
- April 6 – Stacey – SLO Studio – Canada – Fabric Printing
- Add one link for each Q1 finish. If you want to link a round up post of all your finishes, use that link to enter one of your finishes and then link the rest of your finishes separately. Please, only one link per finish, as your link is an entry into the randomly drawn prize draws.
- Please use the 2016 FAL button or the hashtag #2016FAL
- Please ensure that the photo or blog post you link up contains a link or reference back to your original Q1 list so that we can verify your entry.
- Please become part of the FAL community. Please check out the links of others and comment. We all need encouragement so let’s applaud each other. The 2016 FAL Facebook page is here and follow us on Instagram @finishlong and tag your photos #2106FAL.
- Our hosts will also link their finishes to share in the community, but they are not eligible for any of the prizes.